Monday, April 14, 2014

Puyol "remain" at Barca



Carles Puyol would consider staying at Barcelona next season if he feels physically capable of another term top flight of Spain.


Veteran club captain had already confirmed his intention to leave Barca at the end of the campaign, having spent his entire career at Camp Nou.However, the club was banned from signing players in the next two transfer windows after FIFA found irregularities in their relations at youth level .With players such as goalkeeper Victor Valdes and Puyol set to leave, unless a successful appeal not to replace , much has been made of the 36-year -old skipper potentially remain .And while Puyol is open to the opportunity to stay at Barca , he warned his aging body may not be up to par." I would if I think I can do something to help, but for now I do what I can for the team, " he said Monday."We appealed against this particular ban and I hope it will be accepted." Another year at the club may be too much for my body . "Even if the call is accepted by Barca FIFA Puyol still provides trouble finding his replacement due to economic factors." The problem is everyone in Europe is looking for central defenders. Seems to be a shortage at the moment, " he added."It is difficult to compete with other teams , many have more money to spend what we do. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment